Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal, i did a tranny swap on my car, aod to t5, everything wnet perfect, i've read on different forums that people have problems with idle and some surging after the swap , (something having to do with the comp) , not me my car starts an idles perfect, but, if i shut it off, it won't start back up, if i let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes, it'll start back up, or if i shut it off and in a hurry to go somewhere , i unplug a fuel injector and it'll start , another thing it backfires and pops like if the timing's off, (i didn't mess with timing at all and it wouldn't pop before with the aod) it's really strange and it's really pissing me off, and i don't like beig pissed off at my baby lol

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Have you checked your timing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i haven't that might be the poping, but what about the no-starting issue, it seems to me like the injectors keep pouring gas in the cylinder still after i shut it off or something like that... hope you guys can give me some tips or useful advice on what to look for and what to try thanks.!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
no i haven't that might be the poping, but what about the no-starting issue, it seems to me like the injectors keep pouring gas in the cylinder still after i shut it off or something like that... hope you guys can give me some tips or useful advice on what to look for and what to try thanks.!!
Get the timing correct, that is playing a major role in all of this. When the timing is off things over heat which maybe the case in your no starting issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.