Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the 2005 mustang gt (out of newyork where im from) and just found out that it was ordered without califonia or new york state emisions.What is the differance for these emisions on the car. Is it just a simple tune to the computer or more.I need some help my dealer dosent really know i hope someone here can help it is almost at the dealers and the financing just went through please help

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
dba6 said:
I ordered the 2005 mustang gt (out of newyork where im from) and just found out that it was ordered without califonia or new york state emisions.What is the differance for these emisions on the car. Is it just a simple tune to the computer or more.I need some help my dealer dosent really know i hope someone here can help it is almost at the dealers and the financing just went through please help
Does Your area require emission testing? if not don't worry about it, if they do, the dealer would have to fix it under warranty. But then again, you might not be able to get it registered with the secretary of state, your dealer needs to find out about it big time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I live in Washington stae and bought my car over the phone from California. There was an order code on the window sticker for CA emissions and a decal on the window talking about smog and pregnant women and anything else you can think of. The car feels like it has the same power as the gt's I test drove in Washington, but I'm not sure if there are any added accessories. By the way, there is no cost for the CA emissions order code so maybe we can assume it's just a computer tune. I also understand that this new 3 valve V8 is something like 150% cleaner burning than last years model, so maybe it will meet the emissions standard in your state anyways. Good Luck.:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts