Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1998 mustang gt convertible and i feel it doesnt have enough power behind the gas pedle, any suggestions to help me raise hp and torque? want to be in the 400's with hp. i want to be able to put up a good fight in a race. would prefer bolt ons but will take anything under consideration. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Bolt on mods will not get you to 400hp. Your best start is the PI swap. Do a search on it and you'll get information about it. I don't have any knowledge about it, so I can't help you other than to suggest it and tell you to search for information about it.

Other than that, a supercharger/turbo would get you a large increase in power.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
by the time you build that car to make 400hp you might as well just do a Termi engine swap or sell the car and just buy the termi in the first place...a 400hp car is much more than just an engine
I have $8000 in my Kenne Bell + supporting mods alone on my Cobra...then add suspension, transmission etc to handle the hp? Can you feel me?
About the only alternative is NOS....

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Browse our 4.6 sections and you'll find some good info. The 98s leave the factory with 225hp... 10 more than the 96-97GTs. Not strong at all. As other's have suggested a PI swap would be a great place to start. Keep in mind you don't need 400hp to have a fast car. Build it for fun and it will be a lot more enjoyable.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks you guys, i will def look into the pi swap. i had a feeling that the super charger/ turbo charger would be the answer, just didnt want to look at the price tag. :( a buddy of mine had almost the same gt and didnt have a super charger and had his in the 300's, thats why i thought i would ask, just in case there was something i didnt know about

and srry you guys, just reread this and meant to say want to be in the 300's with hp, srry bout the typo

S

·
0 Posts
We know what you meant... no worries! The biggest thing is to just have fun and enjoy the toy!
:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts