Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am doing the v8 swap in my mustang and have ran into more issues than anything. ok so first off im still a bit new to the domestic world but not mechanics, lol.
ok so i read everything i had seen about the v8 swap and thought i had everything i needed to get it done in about a day. ha boy was i wrong first off what you dont think of at the parts store's you will have to have. so i got what i thought was going to be needed to get it all done in my goal of a day but never did anyone say anything about the bellhousings transmission shaft going into the crank (needs a bushing) a new clutch kit or the fly wheel ( i intended on using all the 4 cyl parts).
so here are a couple of questions is there any secrets to getting the bell housing bolts off i cant break them free for anything also the fork in the 4cyl t5 will it work on the v8(302) the part numbers are the exact same except the last two letters aa(v8) ba(4cyl) so e6zr-7515-. and the biggest question is. Is there anything else i need to get before i find out when its needed i have the fuel pump and the bell housing along with the bushing thing for the crank any of your help will be awesome and greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
The only thing i can help you on is the hard bolts. I have always put a heat source on my hard to break lose bolts. I would just get one of those hand held butane torches and heat those bolts right up. And then break them lose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im going to try that its about my last resort on the bellhousing bolts i tried to get them wit a cheater pipe about 3-4 long on my ratchet but it was just moving the tranny around and that was it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.