Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I got 2 angelic wings on my rear between my tail lights. Two more & 2 hearts behind the quarter windows. And lastly two more angel wings lol! on the hood nose. It's disturbing, it was owned by a woman but still, now it's a macho man that's owning it jajajaj.

So yea I tried to take out one sticker on the rear, I put cooking oil over it and with a razor sliced it then I went to peel the sticker and bam I lifted the paint, but saw it just in time before causing a catastrophe.

The stickers look hella old and are dyed from the sun, so guys I need to remove this with causing minimal paint lift. Help!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
i'm not 100% sure but i've heard from a friend that heating it up good with something like a blow dryer and going at it with a razor could do the trick. let me know if that works :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i took the gtcs stickers off the side of my car with a heat gun on low on a hot day, no razor. granted it was relatively new but it could still work out for you.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Get a hair dryer and use finger nail and go to town.

Razor blade is asking for scratches:nono:

Once you get most of sticker off use Opps or Goof Off and the adhesive will come right off.

Unfortunately removing stickers is usually time consuming but rushing leads to scratches or looking worse than leaving them on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i had the exact problem u do. I borrowed a heat gun from my friend and we heated it slowly while continually trying to peel it off. It worked great
it eventually came off but it was a pain.

w/e it need to come off lol.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I had the same issue with my cavalier(RIP) go to autozone and get bug and tar remover, some of that and a lil elbow grease will lift it without harming paint :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had the same issue with my cavalier(RIP) go to autozone and get bug and tar remover, some of that and a lil elbow grease will lift it without harming paint :bigthumbsup
+1!

Long story short i got a bead of black silicone all over the back of my car. I ran through my garage to find something to get it off and found a spray bottle of that same bug and tar remover (i think its made by turtle wax?). Sprayed it on and let it sit for a about 15 seconds and wiped it clean off. That stuff is great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoL Thx for the help guys, but uhmm I wake up this morning to my dad saying "son i took out the stickers!" Im like "Oh for real you serious?" " Hes like "yea just poured gas on em and they came off with a razor blade,but I wiped all gas off" "Im like oh $*** thx dad" ... lol he did an awesome job, tho there's like a design of one sticker on the hood, It's not sticker. I guess the sun copied the design onto paint. I guess ima get me some bug & tar stuff for that then. Oh ya some paint was lifted from the rear cause I had "F" it up already,my fault,but whatever I'm just glad them stuff are outta my car :yelpleased:, feel better now lol...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts