Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started my vehicle yesterday and noticed it was a little sluggish and soon as I jumped onto the highway it started to stutter as I accelerated and the exhaust sounded muffled so I kept driving for a few minutes and then observed the Service Engine Soon light blinking so I pull over popped the hood and took a look and noticed some minor smoke coming from the far right side of the undercarriage, and the exhaust smelled a bit little funny. It did not smell like rotten eggs but definitely did not smell normal. I haven't checked for codes yet and yes, this could but any number of problems but I was wanted to get some opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Blinking I believe is a misfire. Was the smell of fumes? Do you have cats or no?

PDM Designers

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well if it was a misfire, the unburnt fuel is still being sent out the exhaust or partially burnt and could possibly explain the smell. Pull the codes to verify the cause and for further help.

PDM Designers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cylinder #5 Misfire

Well if it was a misfire, the unburnt fuel is still being sent out the exhaust or partially burnt and could possibly explain the smell. Pull the codes to verify the cause and for further help.

PDM Designers
Ended up having the codes pulled. Only one signal code came up. P0305 - Cylinder #5 Misfire

·
Registered
649 Posts
Maybe you could check the plugs and if it seems well (might as well replace it for how cheap they are) then swap the coil on plug to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows. If it does, then its the cop.

PDM Designers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you could check the plugs and if it seems well (might as well replace it for how cheap they are) then swap the coil on plug to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows. If it does, then its the cop.

PDM Designers

Ok. I wont have a chance to do anything until Tuesday. I will try everything you have told me and let you know how it goes. Thank you very much. Very much appreciate the hellp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts