Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been a mustang buff for yrs-:bigthumbsup and have owned several over the yrs- IM also a mechanic and restore older vehicles( hobby) In the process of restoring a 1938 Ford PickUp now- and here is a question putting in a 351W found a flywheel but can NOT find a site to help ID the casting numbers- anyone know of a site or would anyone know what a C6AE 6380C would have come off of or if it would work?? :headscratch: thankYOU

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:) :welcome: That's the flywheel from a 300 cid straight six. I don't think that it will work on a 351. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
isnt there a site to look up ALL casting numbers? I know chevy has at least 5-LOL MAybe its because chevy require more parts/repair?

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
isnt there a site to look up ALL casting numbers? I know chevy has at least 5-LOL MAybe its because chevy require more parts/repair?
Hi again.:) Not that I am aware of. I do it with books. Ford part numbers and casting numbers work a little differently than chevy numbers. They go decade, year in that decade, original application line, general part type, as in, C6AE would be the 60s, the 7th year ( the year 0 is the first), A means Galaxie and E means that it's an engine part, sort of. 6380 is the general group number which means that it's a flywheel. All flywheels have that number. The 'C' means that it's the third design modification of that part. What I do is figure out the original application of the part and drag out the appropriate one of these and find it in there. It's a lot more fun that way. Where's the challenge in just going to some website? Anybody can do that.:gringreen

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.