Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring my 1968 ford mustang boss 302 bored out to a 305. It will not be drove on the street. I want to make the exhaust as loud as possible

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was not aware that there was ever a "Boss 302" model in 1968.

Punching your 302 to a 305 with have no effect on the "loudness" of the exhaust what so ever. Want a loud exhaust? Unbolt all the piping from the headers. Boom, loud exhaust.

Lets see some pics of this 1968 Boss 302

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am restoring my 1968 ford mustang boss 302 bored out to a 305. It will not be drove on the street. I want to make the exhaust as loud as possible

There were never any Boss 302 in '68. First year was '69 and ended in '70. Boring a 302 to a 305? If you bore a 302 out to a standard .30 over I'm pretty sure that makes it a 306. Like the previous poster said that has no bearing on exhaust sound.

If you want exhaust "as loud as possible" just run a straight pipe out the side from the headers without any mufflers. If you want mufflers then go with basic Flowmasters and just look at their basic muffler chart and it will tell you which is the loudest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yall are right i put a 302 boss motor in a 1968 mustang coupe its my school's car for auto tech im in charge of it let me know if there is anything i can do to make it loud and mean. btw we cant run straight headers there is no back pressure the cold air goes in it messes up ur motor

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If you have a legit B 302 you don't have to do much. They put out over 350 hp in stock form. For sound, I'm running old Flowmasters with 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Sounds good, but I don't get hassled by the local po-po. Ultimately, do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its never going to be driven on the road we take it to football games and rev the engine up everytime we score a touchdown and plus we drag race a couple times this year so i dont have to worry about the popo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My instructor for auto tech says he wants a muffler and im not a dipshit i know taking the muffler makes it louded but there is less back pressure

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
A Boss 302 just to rev at a high school football game? You could take any 302 and run open headers on it and it will be "loud" and "mean".

I have no idea what you're talking about running open headers letting too much cold air in. Race cars and hot rods at shows run open headers all the time. And my 67 is currently running open headers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Run a short glasspack or bullet muffler right off the headers and dump out the sides.

And you won't need to worry about cold air or back pressure for what you are doing. You may lose a little bit of HP if your exhaust isn't set up right, but you won't do anything to hurt your engine with a setup like this.

Seriously, don't let anyone tell you cold air is going to come up your exhaust pipe and mess up your engine. Chances are, they are just talking out theirs. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts