Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
A week or 2 ago I noticed that I had a bit of oil leaking on my driver side valve cover. Appeared to be leaking from a fitting in the bottom of the Upper intake manifold. I found out from research that it was probably my PCV valve and it was sucking oil up into the intake. I opened up the intake and their was oil in there.

I cleaned up the valve cover and the intake but their was a small bit sitting in the intake, and some sprayed inside, and some oil residue on the valve cover

So today I pulled out the PCV valve

It still rattles which tells me it is still good right? Im gonna buy a new one anyways though.

I then tried to pull out the grommet and the screen. The grommet seems to be sealed in their with some adhesive, so It didnt want to come out. I used some pliers to pull out the screen and this is what I got...

I looked back in the PCV hole and their is something else still in their, I heard someone mention some type of filter while I was researching. Is that what it is?

I just want to know how to fix all this so I can start driving my 5.0 again. Does anybody have part #'s for the screen and the grommet?

And one more thing, when I pulled the side cover off the upper intake I noticed what looks to be a factory error. Its a little hole. It doesn't go right through, it just looks like it was an error when they cast it. Do you think this is affecting anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you go to cjponyparts.com you should be able to get the parts you need for the car. pcv, screen and grommet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you go to cjponyparts.com you should be able to get the parts you need for the car. pcv, screen and grommet.
Most likely I can get the parts, locally. Last resort go to the dealership.

Im wondering what that mesh thing in the PCV hole is? Because I pulled out what I thought was the screen, and theirs still that thing there and it looks really clogged which would be my problem. Right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
What's left in the hole is the PCV mesh screen, replace it. Check this parts diagram for the PCV.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Your local Auto Zone has those parts, the steel mesh insert is $4 and the grommet is there too.

You're right, if the valve rattles it's still good.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The mesh thing is a "filter" which just consists of steel mesh. If you want to get that out you need to take out the black plastic grommet and then the mesh will come out. The parts are so cheap you might as well replace them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello every one does any one have pics of the hose routing and where every thing,pcv,and vacume hoses hook up.1986 mustang 5.0 ho aod transmission

·
Registered
604 Posts
You will need to start a new thread, there will be a link on the page b4 this one that says new thread. I would help but sorry I dont have a diagram for you. but start a thread and you will get some help, good luck:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.