Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Mac cold air intake for my 2000 v6 3.8l mustang. Even though the engine requirements were matched up to the intake, the intake was in no way designed to fit the stock air box. Since i'm going to send it back and pay the extra money to get a k&n, I was wondering if anyone knew where I would get the proper k&n intake to fit my intake, the airbox is plastic and kinda large. Obviously I can't just buy an intake that says it will fit a 2000 v6 3.8l. It would be good also if someone knew where to get this at the best price.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
x_pinkfloyd_x said:
I recently bought a Mac cold air intake for my 2000 v6 3.8l mustang. Even though the engine requirements were matched up to the intake, the intake was in no way designed to fit the stock air box. Since i'm going to send it back and pay the extra money to get a k&n, I was wondering if anyone knew where I would get the proper k&n intake to fit my intake, the airbox is plastic and kinda large. Obviously I can't just buy an intake that says it will fit a 2000 v6 3.8l. It would be good also if someone knew where to get this at the best price.
no, you have to ditch the entire intake system, you can't keep the OEM airbox .. .

are you talking about an air filter?

you can go to any O'Reillys, AutoZone, etc., and ask for either the drop in filter or a K&N intake.

U

·
0 Posts
yep he's right you have to ditch the entire intake, your better off getting a cai but you can still get the Generation II FIPK at almost any local dealer, i might get mine at pep boys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.