Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on the cooling system in my 1993 mustang 2.3l lx. I am looking to replace what I think is the heater control valve that is in the hose coming to the heater core. So far the replacement parts I have found do not match the part I am looking at. The unit I have has no call for any vaccum it is just a plug harness with 2 wires to the plug out of the big firewall wire raceway. Am i not refering to this part correctly? Surely I don't own a 1 of a kind part here. Anyone familiar with this part could help me tremendously. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
What problem are you having? The ECT control the engine and tells engine fan when to come on. There is another sensor that runs the temp gauge. Maurice

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am thinking that there is more here than this...I am guessing that that is original stuff and the replacment part has changed a bit. Even if that were an ECT, it isn't located there, and where did that socket "T" come from? I don't see that wiring reaching over to the stock ECT location either.

I would see if the local parts place has a heater control valve. I would then ask if you can compare your electrical plug to the new valve and see if you get a match. If it does, there is your replacment.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If you Car has Automatic Temperature Control (electronic Heat and cooling) that switch delays the Blower fan till the coolant worms up. It prevents the heater from blowing Cold air. The turbo coupe with electronic heater control also uses that Thermal switch. Hope i am right???:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Note does the blower motor work???? Unhook the wire from that thermal switch and see if the blower motor fails to run. If it does not run that is the blower motor thermal switch. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Blower motor works just fine..... I pulled that part out and cleaned it up a little and low and behold I get a new reading on my coolant temp guage in the dash. So far so good except I am having issues finding that T housing as it needs to be replaced...Guess I will try NAPA or guess it might be a darn OEM thing like lots of FORD parts:(( Thanks for all the input everyone;)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Does that car have automatic temperature controll. For the HEATER AND AC ???

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Guys i do not think that is the ECT. Its the sensor for the electronic TEMP CONTROL. It controls the blower motor circuit. It blocks blower operation till the coolant worms UP:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts