Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am not sure if I am posing this in the proper place, but I am having some difficulty navigating the site.
I need to change the front passenger tire on my 98’ Mustang, but I can’t find the appropriate place to jack the car up. There is absolutely no air in the tire, and the rim is resting on the ground. Fix a flat did not work, and I am obviously unable to drive it to a shop.
If anyone can tell me where to place the jack it would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would be even better.
Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not one hundred percent sure on your year but I would assume they don't change a whole lot over the years. I sent a pic I hope it works. I would look in these areas and if the pic doesn't work u can try to google mustang jack points and it should come up. Good luck hopefully it works out for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
I'm not one hundred percent sure on your year but I would assume they don't change a whole lot over the years. I sent a pic I hope it works. I would look in these areas and if the pic doesn't work u can try to google mustang jack points and it should come up. Good luck hopefully it works out for you.
Look for a notch in the sheetmetal pinch weld (where the body meets the floorpan), measures about 1/2"x2" in the areas illustrated in the pic this guy posted. Jack goes there. The way I just said it may or not make sense immediately; just go take a look.

In any event, just watch as the jack begins lifting the car. If anything starts to bend then lower the jack and re-situate it. If using the scissor jack that is supplied with the spare tire kit in your car, it is pretty crucial that it be used on a fairly level surface as they are not quite as forgiving in that regard as other types of jacks. I've done some pretty sketchy stuff before with scissor jacks and lived to tell about it but for someone like yourself who is unfamiliar I would suggest playing by the rules.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey! Thank you for the help and for the photo! I wasn’t able to jack up the front at first. The car was so low that I had to jack up the back end slightly, place a jack stand, and then jack up the front with a scissor jack. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts