Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site but I love to do some work on my 87 5.0. H.O tang.
I've done numerous upgrades such as a Tremic tranny, ford perf. ram air, new clutch, plate, tci torque converter, roller cam, new altenator, starter,and a head machine work as well as piston work. My question is I installed a ford motorsports dash that already had a tach, so is there any way I can just mount a shift light and wire it to the stock tach? If any can answer this please help. Thanx, The Cheez

·
Registered
9 Posts
your answer is in the message

Cheezman04 said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site but I love to do some work on my 87 5.0. H.O tang.
I've done numerous upgrades such as a Tremic tranny, ford perf. ram air, new clutch, plate, tci torque converter, roller cam, new altenator, starter,and a head machine work as well as piston work. My question is I installed a ford motorsports dash that already had a tach, so is there any way I can just mount a shift light and wire it to the stock tach? If any can answer this please help. Thanx, The Cheez
Now off your shift light you should have 3 wires 12 v power ground and input signal. now either you have a 12 switched ignition or electronic tach. now take you signal wire from your tach and splice it with the signal wire to the light. have fun watch it light as you hammer the gears. one question, how can you have a t 5 manual trans with new cluth and a torque converter. just wondering what the secret was on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.