Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have a 76 Mustang II hatchback with a 2.3 and auto. I bought this specifically for the 4 banger to drive to work and get decent gas mileage and not bow to the japanese invasion. I have the cobra package on it. I lowered it with drop spindles in the front and I made blocks for the back. Front and rear swaybars (1 inch in the front) and 17 inch bullitt wheels all around. The engine is basically stock with a header and an Offenhauser manifold and stock carb. I want to put a T5 5 speed in it and can the auto. I have a T5 from an 86 Tbird turbocoupe. I have the pedal assembly. I put an 8 inch rear end and changed the gears in it to 3.55's. My question is what flywheel do I use and clutch setup. Will a flywheel from a Tbird turbocoupe fit my engine? Any machining issues? 2 piece or 1 peice seal? Will the clutch from same car work? My trans is a cable clutch so the Mustang II cable should work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's been years since I dealt with John Vermeersch at Total Performance however, at one time they had a lot of knowledge about V8 Pinto conversions in addition to putting alternate engines and transmissions in Mustang II's. I would suggest you give them a call.

Total Performance
44050 N. Groesbeck Hwy.
Clinton Twp., MI 48036-1108
Phone: 810-468-3673
Fax: 810-468-7434

1 - 2 of 2 Posts