Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive been having huge problems with my car. It was hitting 4200 then just dying, kind of like bouncing off a rev limiter. Had it professionally tuned and all and they could not find whats wrong with it. Well i had the tranny flushed at jiffy lube and found out they put in Mercon and not Mercon V. Immediatley had it flushed at Ford and now it doesn't do that. Now what it does at WOT is rev all the way to 5000 rpm and not shift. However when i take overdrive off and punch it, it pulls and works fine. So basically it seems that when i floor it when in over drive it doesnt shift but without it, it does. What does this sound like?

·
Registered
179 Posts
sounds like a jiffy lube lawsuit to pay to have a new transmission put in b/c they fuxed it up.....you'd think if ALL they do ALL day is change oil and change transmission fluid and brakes and simple stuff like that.....they would eventually get pretty good at it eventually?...i'll never go to express oil again the bastards put one of my rear brake pads in BACKWARDS!!!!!!!! and it destroyed my rotor....i can't even figure out how the hell they got it to fit? anyway moral of the story don't go to any 5 min oil change places unless you're gonna watch them the whole time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.