Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new here but have been reading the forums for close to a month. well my problem is that I have rear lights but, no break lights, everything else seems to be working fine. I did check the fuses and are perfectly fine. I also checked the break switch and thats working as well. I just installed a new head unit and did mess up with the illuminating wires but have fixed that. i have a 03 gt. any ideas please help.

thanks
m00fresh

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did you check the brake switch? You can try adjusting it, but I would check it with a multi-meter to make sure its operating properly.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When this happened to me it turned out to be the switch that the turn signal is apart of in the steering column. I dont remember what the name of it is off the top of my head, but it was an easy fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Curious how you resolved this problem? My brake lights aren't working on left side, but function well on right side. I swapped a bulb and proved brake lights still worked on right, but not on left. even swapped the whole light module and right continued to work, left not. Now wondering can the brake switch under dash behind master cylinder fail on half a side or is it a works or doesn't sort of part?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts