Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my pair of Flowmaster 60 series American Thunder axle-back mufflers, and spent my time installing them today but I ran into a small problem:

The band clamps that come with them don't seem to be able to tighten down enough to create a good seal between the mid-pipe and muffler piping! I can't seem to get it to work... Are there any tricks that people with these have that could help me out here? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had the same issue. I went and had them tack welded in place.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue. I went and had them tack welded in place.
Aw dang... Would it be possible to get some sort of heat resistant material and wrap the midpipe in it then clamp the muffler pipe to it to create a better seal?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Aw dang... Would it be possible to get some sort of heat resistant material and wrap the midpipe in it then clamp the muffler pipe to it to create a better seal?
Had the same problem with mine , had to use the impact to get them tighter, or u can get some factory style clamps from the parts store.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i had them too, same prob. i traded them for mac boom tubes. 1000 times more awesome sound from the boom tubes. turns heads at every stop light. hardly any resonating inside car either. if you want it loud and local law allows it, id try to trade those flowmasters in, you wont be sorry. the boom tubes sound so good to me that im scared to touch anything else on exhaust (headers, H pipe, etc) for fear of f---ing up a good thing.:shigrin

http://www.stangmods.com/BT2005-Boom-Tube-Exhaust-for-05-09-Mustang-GT-p/00889.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts