Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Ford Racing dual exhaust kit (M-5230-V6) for my 2008 V6 Mustang. I'm having it installed at the dealership, and the tech is stumped because the mufflers don't seem to line up properly. It appears that they're too far out towards the sides, and don't line up with the bumper cutouts.

I called Ford Racing Parts support, and they said something about the hangers being on the frame incorrectly, and that this was a common mistake.

Anyone one have a similar experience with installing this kit that can help me out?

If anyone's got any pictures of the GTB mufflers and/or exhaust hangers on the frame, that'd be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
not sure. this is the reason why i usually go to local muffler shops for exhaust problems

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I opted for the FRPP exhaust based on the fact that it's supposed to be a direct-fit, bolt-on kit, and if installed by a Ford dealer it has a 12-month/12,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Just talked with the service manager, and yes, they did have the hangers mounted incorrectly. Once they mounted them properly, everything lined up. Only thing they have left to do now is cut the bumper and install the trim pieces, and I should be able to pick her up after work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ive read nothing but good things about that exhaust kit...hopefully all goes well for ya. One of the best sounding v6 mustangs ive ever heard had this kit on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stopped by the shop last night after work, and everything was installed. The tech was just tweaking the alignment of the mufflers/tips with the outlets. So I told him I was in no hurry, to keep the car overnight and take all the time needed to get it right.

So I stopped by there this morning on the way to work to get something out of the car, and she was all done! Sounds great, and I'd painted the bumper cut-out trim pieces to match my car's silver color, and the whole thing looks great!

Plus, I think I got a pretty deal on the whole setup too. Bought the kit from CJ Pony Parts during a 10% off sale for about $580, and had a 10% off coupon for service from the dealer. Installation was $187. So the whole shebang ran me ~$760.

I'll try to post some pictures later this week or weekend.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Congrats on the duals and a great price compared to what I have seen them sell for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts