Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had a custom chip made from Motorvation. The instructions they gave are not specific. The chip has to be installed on the service port side of the computer. Also it said the timing had to be set at 10 degrees BTDC. How do I do this. Before top dead center? I need help. can someone tell me how to do this. I know where the computer is but I don't know about the service port side and the 10 degrees BTDC.

angry5.0

·
Registered
826 Posts
ok...computer is located passenger side kick panel...the service port will be on the top of the computer...you will see a sticker over it...remove that sticker...take the chip that is in there out...and replace it with the new one...i wrapped mine with some electrical tape so it would stay in place...if you have never set your timing before...your stock timing is set to 10btc.

just to let you know...there is Full throttle performance...he deals with mustangs only...and has a dyno...for about 300...you can get your car dyno tuned and get a special tune for that chip!...you won't believe the dif. in your car when he is done...there is no one in this city witch knows more about mustangs!...give Full Throttle Performance a Call!

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
That's about it, take the sticker off the top of the computer, take the old chip out and put in the new one, making sure all the contacts are CLEAN before putting it in. Then cover it up, tape is the usual way, and replace the computer inside the kick panel.
10 degrees BTDC is just setting the timing to 10. You said you set it at 14, back it down to 10. The chip takes care of the advance for you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i put a custom motorvation chip in mine. On top of your computer, might be a sticker or a black plug. The chip was a pain though, its wider than others and i had to actually take the screws off the top of my computer and pull the metal housing back, install the chip, then but it back together. Youll still need tape cause it will stick out of the housing abit just to protect the chip and computer from dirt or dust getting in there. Those stickers they send are intended to put over the chip in place of tape but those stickers arent worth a dang, they'll just peel off later on after they get heat to em.

·
Registered
7 Posts
im probably to late

Everything I read from others is correct except for some details. When mine was built, I had to give full discloser of all my specs if I wanted it perfect. So depending on any modifications you have made will change the game. Base timing is already 10°btdc. However, that's just a starting point for basics. Tuning the car must be done to get 100%from a custom chip. Custom meaning "built to your specs, not factory". You can contact your personal builder anytime, cause your on file,, go over what suggestions they may have. To get optimal performance out of mine, I started at basic, dynoed 525. Now with some changes... Wow, I unleashed another 110hp. Hotter plugs w/10 thousandths more gap, 70psi fuel regulator for supply and demand, 17°btdc for driving, 25°for racing, trying differ fuel mixtures such as plain 93, 50/50 turbo blue 106, fuk TB106, full 114 jet/aviation, finally settling at 93(1/4),TB106(1/4),& jet 114(1/2). This all sounds like a lot but getting the most and best out of a performance chip you purchased is well worth it. Took me one full season but all worth it to take my daily driver out for my weekend warrior time at the track, went from low 7's to an impressive 6 flat category (1/8 mile). All in saying is don't give up on testing and FINE tuning her,, you may just unleash a entirely meaner beast. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
What is this "motorvation" chip you speak of?? I'm intrigued! How does it compare to say a 4 bank SCT chip? Tunable? One time deal with specs? I don't wanna google it...you started the thread and I wanna know more!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
This thread is over 5 years old.

Also never heard of this motorvation chip.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have A 89 and ordered the motorvation chip did everything by the steps and the car will not crank with the chip on but if I pull it off she will crank right up and could yall tell any diff with the chip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.