Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem ever since I rebuilt the engine, its running a Holley 600cfm and has mechanical points. Whenever you hit the gas, it starts accelerating really smooth and clean, then you can feel it bog down and hesitate. There's a little shudder that comes with it, my theory was that the points were bad, so I had a new set put in (I honestly dont understand them so much). However it still does it. I adjustesd the carb thinking maybe it was running too rich, but that wasn't it either. I'm just at a loss, anyone ever had the same problem?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like timing advance. Check the vacuum advance and then check the mechanical advance. The shop manual will help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
holley set right?

Another thing you might check is the holley carb accelerator pump shooter or squirter, it can be adjusted a bit by bending the actuating lever or the squirter nozel can be changed for a big adjustment. Basically what is does is squirts gas into the mixture as you press the pedal down. This needs to happen at the right time and in the right amount so the engine gets the gas it needs. If its not set right the engine will bog or hesitate during acceleration.
You may also need a different power valve.
This link might help too http://rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/135_0402_carb/
cheers n beers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.