Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 96 mustang for my first car and it need a new engine in it. i was just wondering is it possible for fit a v8 in it or am i beater off getting another 3.8l and adding some performance parts to keep up with a v8.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While the V8 swap is possible, I'm not sure if it's a good idea for a first car. A lot of money and work. Go with the V6 for now.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
the moneys its gonna take to swap the 3.8 out to the v8 prob 4.6 will be about the same... after you get the 3.8 for keep with a gt.... your car just aint as simple as the 95 and older ones

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Is it possible? Yes. Will it take more time & money than just buying a used GT? Most likely. :yelwacko:

However, what do you mean you need a new engine? Is that one broke? Or are you just looking for performance? What is your budget right now? How many miles are on the 96?

Your best bet is probably try to trade it in or just buy another 94-98 Stang and use the 96 as a spare parts car... Unfortunately, 96 V6s are not worth a whole lot (it's sad but true). Heck, my 98 is valued a little over 2 grand... :laugh: Wait, that's not funny... :shigrin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine i have now it makes a tining sound when you rev it anything over 3000. the car has about 200,000 km on it and im willing to spend $1000 on a engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.