Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying new wheels for my car. The one problem is that most rims I am finding all have a high positive offset. I have a 99 mustang, and I understand the offset is smaller then the newer mustangs.
I was just wondering if I would be able to buy wheels with a 35mm or 40mm offset, get small wheelspacers that would make it like a rim with a smaller offset? or will this cause problems?

If this will work where can I buy small wheel spacers that are small enough to make them the right offset but not too big as to make the wheels stick out to far?

·
Registered
547 Posts
i had trouble finding the right offset for my car too. what i did is went to tirerack.com, and found the wheel i wanted for my particular car. in the discription of the wheel, it told me exactly what offset was best for my car. i tried this with several different years of mustang and the offset changed for every year. well, not every year, but there was a difference between 99-04 and 94-98, and a difference from the foxbodies. it turned out to be the perfect off set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did that too and found the offset, but I don't want to buy them on tire rack as they are pretty expensive on there... but when I look on ebay and stuff for the same rims, they have different offsets, and so I am thinking it would be easier to get a spacer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.