1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
912 Posts
not trying to hijack the thread but will pushrods for a 351w fit a 302 i have a set of hardened push rods in the garage for my dads drag car, that we never used.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Honestly, a pushrod length checker would be some cheap insurance in both of your cases.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
If you buy pushrods out of the blue, and install them, most places wont take them back. So your out money in some cases. A PR checker and achieving the Correct Rocker sweep is the only way to it Correctly. Wrong Twice Vs. Right once. What would you choose.

Not to mention variances in certain aspects, that have a direct effect on PR length. One stock block my need different PR's than the next stock block. 351 PR's will not work on a 302.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok my question is will the stocker length work with new heads and 1.6 roller rockers and how would i go about checking this with my work schedule and my limited availabiliy to my shop im looking to do the head change as quick as possible since i cant keep it in the shop over night and need everything before hand?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nothing good comes easily. If you don't get this right, it'll cost you alot more time and money. Take your time, and do it right. You'll be happy with the results.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
ok my question is will the stocker length work with new heads and 1.6 roller rockers and how would i go about checking this with my work schedule and my limited availabiliy to my shop im looking to do the head change as quick as possible since i cant keep it in the shop over night and need everything before hand?

If the stockers work, you should play the lottery. You have been told what you needed to do, to do it correctly. PR length is like Piston to Valve clearance, there is only one way to do it. CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!

With out the heads in hand its impossible. Even the Trick Flow top end kits, that come with PR's can be wrong. CHeck Check Check

Or waste your $$$$$$$$$ and guess as you are trying to do now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts