Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how i can reserch the number of cars like mine were made ? Color,options,ect. plus my car is Canadian.I go to 10-15 car shows a year and have no seen a reer blue LX yet.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can tell you that they made 1,177 Reef Blue coupes in '93.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Any production figures by exterior color, or interior color, or engine, etc. that do not come DIRECTLY from Ford or an authorized vendor that has gotten data DIRECTLY from Ford cannot be claimed as accurate. As far as I know, any printed book or magazine - I can think of one book that people constantly quote from, and one magazine, which got their info from one of the authors of that book - that you see production figures by color, engine, etc. DID NOT get their information directly from Ford, at least in any legal manner. If they got their information from an "insider" at Ford they aren't saying who it is, and thus anything they print cannot be verified.

There is currently only ONE place that I'm aware of that has gotten loads of information from Ford, legally, and is authorized to release such information, and that is Marti Auto Works. The only Fox model year that they currently have production information on is the '79 model year. They are currently working on subsequent years, as well as Capris. A few members at Four Eyed Pride (.com) that own '79 Musangs with the Cobra Option for have gotten these reports for their car. I can tell you that from the information that we have gotten from Marti Auto so far, some production figures by the above mentioned author has been disproven. Also, that co-author's book has some blatant errors in it, such as total production for the year not adding up or exterior colors not listed as available where they were.

The reports that Marti Auto offers are not free...they paid loads of money and went through heaps of legal papers to be able to do this, and they are also a Ford authorized vendor. The reports are also not drilled down to production numbers by options such as air conditioning, or sunroof, or power windows, etc. They certainly can research how many cars were built with your same exterior and interior colors, and roof type, and engine and transmission combo, and power options, etc. but that costs extra.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I knew the marti report did not have my yr. but i thought someone would know of a late model site. thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Mine is Reef Blue Metallic too but its a 93 GT not an LX...you make a good point, I have not seen another Mustang , LX or GT, in this color.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I belong to the mustang club in southeast michigan & the V.P says he seen one like mine @ a car show in Ohio . thats it

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I've seen just a couple of them but none of them were recent. Not sure why it'd be so rare, it's a great color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts