Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1965 coupe and have been going back and forth on how to restore it. My question is should I do a classic restore or do a restomod? I was thinking of doing a GT restore with some "Shelby" like additions, like Shelby hood, side scopes, stripes and front valence. Also would like some recommendations on color. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife is ready to send me to the looney farm since I am flip-flopping so much.

thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think restomod is a really cool look. Old meets new. nice

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
The question is do you want a daily driver weekend car or just a cruiser.Its up to you on how you do it me i rather have it my way and more enjoy able to drive.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
You'll go nuts trying to do an "as original" restoration. Some people get caught up in the paint daub, assembly marks, matching date codes and other such craziness. I recommend that you build YOUR car to suit you desires and comfort level. Restomodding allows you to have the freedom to express yourself and it will be unique.

This is the current trend and believe it or not, I started restomodding before it was popular. People would come up to me all of the time asking if I was going to place it back in original condition. Now they don't ask much anymore. I'm glad it caught on. Now I don't have to fabricate everything. Unless you have a rare model where the value of the car would be affected, build it like you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.