Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have an 05 automatic gt with around 60 k miles and I have been having this annoying problem for the longest time. Not sure if it started because of this, but ever since I had my cats removed I’ve had this chugging and overall rough acceleration. The chugging happens when shifting at 2000 rpm and will drop to around 1500 rpm and get stuck there and that’s when the chug starts ( that’s the best way I can describe it.) but when floor it it’ll come out of the “chug.” Ive noticed my car is drinking a lot of fuel also and noticed whenever I clear the 02 sensor codes, my car runs like normal but when it comes back it runs poorly again. If anybody can help or point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Here’s everything ive done to it since I got it:

Changed fuel filter
New spark plugs/ coil packs
New alternator
Jlt cai with race tune
Cat delete

·
Super Moderator
3,050 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Since you've deleted the cats, you'll need to have the ECU reprogrammed with a new tune file that has the rear O2 sensors disabled.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
^ yep . . . I assume you already have a tune for the CAI; it needs to be modified for the cat delete

Reactions: my89foxbody

·
Registered
641 Posts
What are the O2 codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are the O2 codes?
Oxygen Sensor Code
A trouble code that points to an oxygen sensor (such as p0420, p0135, p0141, or others) is only the first step in your mechanic's diagnosis of the problem. It turns out that most of the issues that set oxygen sensor codes are not a result of a bad sensor.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Lol. Yes, I know what O2 codes are, but what are the particular codes the OP getting?

·
Registered
1996 Mustang Cobra Laser Red
148 Posts
Check out my post about overcoming my o2 codes when I removed my cats. I used three 18mm spark plug extenders on each sensor to pull the sensor out of the exhaust stream and it worked for me. Now more codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts