Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help determining which valve springs to use in my 302. It is a block and heads (e6se) from a 1990 Crown Vic and a stock 302HO cam and crank from a 1990 Mustang GT. I am using Sealed Power (#H273CP) pistons which do have valve reliefs. I know the e6se heads suck, but im on a limited budget.
What valve springs should I use? Should I use ones similar to stock in the motor the cam came from? or similar to the ones that came on the heads?
I have heard that this cam (#E8ZE-CA) has an intake duration of 276 exhaust duration of 266 and intake/exhaust lift of .444". Anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think im gonna go with the trick flow ones. With those would you suggest changing rocker arms or just go with stock ones? Im not so sure about the ones that came on the heads, they look a little worn.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
roller rockers are a worthwhile upgarde..gotta beware of rocker-spring clearance with larger springs and stock rockers..99% of roller rocker clear aftermarket springs just fine..i recommend scorpion brand rockers..stay away from proform..chinese made junk :bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts