Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed heated seats in both of my front seats and i can't figure out what to wire them too. at first i thought i would get the power from the cigar lighter since each seat requires 10 amps and the cigar lighter supplies 20 amps. However, i realized that the cigar lighters are always hot, not only on acc, and that doesn't work for me.
so.. i need help finding which wire i can hijack for the heated seats that supplies at least 20 amps on acc only.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Use an auxiliary relay triggered by your accessory circuit to turn that lighter circuit on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would i be able use these wires here? they are located under the center console and are not being used by anything. i can't find anywhere that says whats its used for or how many amps it carries.

@Yadkin

How would i do that? I'm not very experienced with that so would you be able to explain more or link me to another forum or video that explains in more detail.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@yadkin

Just watched a youtube video about how relays work and its surprisingly very simple. Thanks for the comment, thats what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Do you have power seats? You probably have the harness under the seats already. You could tap into the 30-A circuit used by the power seat motor. It runs to the BEC (underhood fuse box) and one of the larger square 30A fuses at the front of the box feeds that circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts