Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
crazyjj said:
i have only flowmasters i want to make it louder do u guys have any idea to make it louder
How would you compare the flowmasters to stock? louder? a little louder? alot louder than stock? Hows the interior drone?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Stoenr said:
How would you compare the flowmasters to stock? louder? a little louder? alot louder than stock? Hows the interior drone?
Hey Stoenr... I'll put my two cents in here. I just put my Flowmaster American Thunder axle-backs on this past Friday.
1. Idle sound is louder than stock.
2. 0-70 sounds sooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet.
3. UNDER 60 MPH they tend to drone.
4. Between 60 and 69 they are a distant rumble.
5. 70+ can't tell they are there.

Of course, being a vert will probably make them sound louder than in a coupe. Don't know for sure. :laughlitt One thing is for sure, they are alot quieter at 70 mph cruising speed than the ones I had on my 87 GT. You had to crank the stereo up up up to get over the drone of those things at 70! :wavey

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it. They are what I think I would like to install on mine.
Never experienced what drone was until I took a ride in step dads 04 Silverado. Ohh man, I thought my head was going to pop off! Or ear drums vibrate loose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Getting rid of the muffler(s) will make it louder....

Course, this might make it sound like garbage ... but it sure will be loud (kind of like a Harley). As long as you keep the cats, you'll pass emmissions.

I'd be curious to hear what the exhaust sounds like w/o the muffler(s). Or, with a glasspack (straight-through) silencer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.