Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
crazyjj said:
i have only flowmasters i want to make it louder do u guys have any idea to make it louder
YES!!!

Buy a pair of MAC axlebacks and it "WILL" be louder!!!

D :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Get a set of SLP Loudmouths. One of the best mods I've done so far. Great quality, good price and much louder than stock when you want them to be but nout much louder on the freeway.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
crazyjj said:
i have only flowmasters i want to make it louder do u guys have any idea to make it louder
How would you compare the flowmasters to stock? louder? a little louder? alot louder than stock? Hows the interior drone?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Stoenr said:
How would you compare the flowmasters to stock? louder? a little louder? alot louder than stock? Hows the interior drone?
Hey Stoenr... I'll put my two cents in here. I just put my Flowmaster American Thunder axle-backs on this past Friday.
1. Idle sound is louder than stock.
2. 0-70 sounds sooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet.
3. UNDER 60 MPH they tend to drone.
4. Between 60 and 69 they are a distant rumble.
5. 70+ can't tell they are there.

Of course, being a vert will probably make them sound louder than in a coupe. Don't know for sure. :laughlitt One thing is for sure, they are alot quieter at 70 mph cruising speed than the ones I had on my 87 GT. You had to crank the stereo up up up to get over the drone of those things at 70! :wavey

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it. They are what I think I would like to install on mine.
Never experienced what drone was until I took a ride in step dads 04 Silverado. Ohh man, I thought my head was going to pop off! Or ear drums vibrate loose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Getting rid of the muffler(s) will make it louder....

Course, this might make it sound like garbage ... but it sure will be loud (kind of like a Harley). As long as you keep the cats, you'll pass emmissions.

I'd be curious to hear what the exhaust sounds like w/o the muffler(s). Or, with a glasspack (straight-through) silencer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts