Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just recently had a head job done to my car and now it seems to lag a bit and i also noticed that i seems to stay at about sixty and wont go any further i have changed the wires and plugs. any one got any advice would be helpful thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
great_gazzo said:
i have just recently had a head job done to my car and now it seems to lag a bit and i also noticed that i seems to stay at about sixty and wont go any further i have changed the wires and plugs. any one got any advice would be helpful thanks
you've checked for vacuum leaks?

Hopefully, the head gaskets weren't installed backwards . .. Is it overheating?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
great_gazzo said:
no its not overheating temp is normal
could be timing, could be wires, there's a lot of stuff . ..

what have you checked so far?

You might want to pick up a Haynes or Chilton's manual and work through the troubleshooting sections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was asking a friend about it last night and he said something about them not torquing the valves in the right sequence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
great_gazzo said:
well i was asking a friend about it last night and he said something about them not torquing the valves in the right sequence
It could be anything. If you're running it to the shop for the fusible link, have them look at the engine, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey i would like to tell all of you guys thanks for trying to help i found out what was wrong the idiot that worked on my car didnt connect the fuel injectors on the driver side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
great_gazzo said:
hey i would like to tell all of you guys thanks for trying to help i found out what was wrong the idiot that worked on my car didnt connect the fuel injectors on the driver side
heh!

]It's usually the simple stuff that get's ya!


:laughlitt
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top