Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this car for when i was 16, been in moms garage for the last 25 years. It needs a lot of body work, but ran when i parked it. I was told it was a sprint and that there was not a lot of them made, it is a 3 speed straight 6 with the factory hood scoop with the turn signals. So what makes it a sprint? body, motor, add ons? how can i verify this and how rare are they?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's a link with some info on the Sprint Mustang package. It's centered around the 66 model but it should at least get you some background info. Not sure how much if anything changed between 66 and 69 model year Sprints.

Millionth Mustang Sprint 200

I second the advice on the Marti report.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I don't know of a 1969 Mustang Sprint, the only Special 6 cylinder Mustang I know of in 69 was the "E" sportsroof, but those were automatics that had special toeque converters and low axle gearing for better gas mileage.

The Sprint Package was used off and on during Mustang production, the ones I am aware of include the 1966, 1968, and 1972. The Sprint Package was always a decore package, in the case of the 66 it was wheel covers and consoles, in the case of the 68 they offered two packages Sprint A and Sprint B, avaliable on both 6 and 8 cylinders and across all body styles. These are the cars with the pop-open gas caps, c stripes and other decore options. 1972 is the Red White and Blue package that was offered on all body styles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, the marti report seems like the way to go I will send for one. Any recommendations for sources of quality replacement body panels? going to need a few lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.