Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order a SCT X3 tuner from Bamachips and putting my mod list together. While looking at my Calibration Code, I double checked my cold air intake. I noticed what it was attached to but didn't look like it was part of the intake BUT it didn't look stock either and said BBK on it.

Is this a friggin BBK throttle body attached to it!? :headscratch:

I almost bought one a few months ago but everyone said it was a useless item...

If it IS an aftermarket throttle body, I DEFINITELY need to get this car tuned then... huh? :scratchchin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
don't know weather to tell you congrats or sorry but yes that is the BBK throttle body.
when you order your tune make sure you add it on the list of mods.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses.

I found another thread that these make high pitch sounds and what's ironic is that I could hear that even in the cabin with the windows up and always commented, "sounds strange, like I have some muted "Fast and Furious" sound effect attachment". I would've NEVER known otherwise that this was NOT intended if I hadn't noticed that piece or looked it up afterwards.

I've read that you have to sand down the sharp contours of the throttlebody interior to do away with the Fast and Furious sound effect. Good to know! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I found another thread that said these aftermarket throttlebodies make high pitch sounds and I could hear that even in the cabin with the windows up.
That sound is for people who use their car for business purposes.
Its the "whistle while you work" theory applied to the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.