Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go .020 over on the 4.6 2v, however, I need to know more information to get the most out of this money guzzling procedure. (this is my first time doing this) What other things should be done at the time of this modification for my engine to squeeze out it's full power potential from the bore over? Please don't suggest forced induction because I'm keeping it na. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
If you wana stay NA then the major way to gain power is up the compression. Remember high compression requires higher octane!

That answer your question? Also have you considered spray?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Also better flowing heads and intake combined with your basic boltons.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've decided to go .020 over on the 4.6 2v, however, I need to know more information to get the most out of this money guzzling procedure. (this is my first time doing this) What other things should be done at the time of this modification for my engine to squeeze out it's full power potential from the bore over? Please don't suggest forced induction because I'm keeping it na. Thanks.
I don't want to sound like a smart a$$ but tell us what your plans are and what do you want the outcome to be. How much money are you willing to spend and why are you boring the block?

My first thought would be high compression stroker kit.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I'd recommend a stroker 5.0 kit...check out Livernois

1 - 6 of 6 Posts