Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if any of you notice at high speeds (70 obo.) your stang 1) seems to lack a bit of braking power 2) feels like the rotors are slightly grinding under braking. I was thinking about upgrading my fronts, but not spending a whole lot by a complete conversion (rotors, pads, calipers) but just by maybe buying new pads and slotted drilled rotors the same size as factory.

Which rotors are the best? And would just upgrading rotors (same size but slotted + drilled) and pads add more stopping power?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes, pads alone will help. Be sure you get a rec from a reputable seller, and be sure to make it clear what tradeoffs u r willing to make. Race pads do great on track, but not so well when cold during that first emergency street stop.

Rotors of same size will mostly be about reducing brake temps - slotted/drilled rotors help hot gases escape. Too bad u didn't get Brembos day 1, as they r a bargain compared 2 what u have likely seen when pricing them aftermarket. Maybe u can source a set of calipers/rotors/bads from a recent wreck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts