Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im no gear head but im trying to become one lol. anyways i want to know what i should do 6 months down the road from now maybe sooner depends on income.. this is or will be my current setup in the next few weeks already have it all except the rear end
under drive pulley kit, 65 mm bbk throttle body bbk egr spacer, moroso cold air intake, edlebrock rpm perfomer intake, bbk fuel rail system, 24lb injectors, 351 windsor heads with racing springs valve shims upgraded valve job new liners and machined under seats... will be getting new heads eventually... f303 cam, new crankshft, bored .30 over to a 306, ac and smog delete kit, summit headers, 3 row aluminum radiator, ram clutch that handles up to 450 hp,bbk spacer for intake, polished aluminum valve covers, short throw shifter, msd distributor, 9mm spark pug wires, bosch platnium 4 spark plugs, drilled slot rotors, 255 liter per hour fuel pump, 65mm mass air, hypetech computer chip, arp engine head studs, arp engine bolt kit, solid motor mounts adjustible clutch cable quadrant kit, double roller timing chain high flow oil pump,.... may be more but think i got it all covered will be upgrading all shocks and springs and struts soon and putting a posi rear end with all the goodies and a 3.73 gear. my question is after this is all done what should i do next im only expecting maybe 300-350hp at the wheels with current setup and want more. i was thinking turbo or twin turbo but heard it would conflict to much with what i already have and would have to re swap a lot of the stuff out. i want to keep the car street legal and if possible get 500-600 hp at the wheels. also have cobra r 4 lug rims that will b getting a nice set of street legal drag radials put on them and will be putting sub frame connectors and possibly roll cage in to help with the sub frame weakness. please shoot some ideas at me thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
upper and lower control arms would be a nice suspension upgrade to put that power on the ground.

your 302 block will not hold 500-600hp

what are you looking to accomplish out of this car?? 350hp to the wheels on a daily driver is quite excellent. just figured i'd ask :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
upper and lower control arms would be a nice suspension upgrade to put that power on the ground.

your 302 block will not hold 500-600hp

what are you looking to accomplish out of this car?? 350hp to the wheels on a daily driver is quite excellent. just figured i'd ask :bigthumbsup
yea keep it a daily driver.. um i already know at least 2 guys with same block one has 481 hp at the wheels and another had 550hp so i know its possible. is it suggested prob not is there things i can do to help the block from cracking and will do if i get in that range yes. when i go to change the shocks struts and springs i will prob also change the control arms out also

·
Registered
416 Posts
yes people have done it... but research this topic on this forum, and you'll get the same reaction.. the stock block just doesn't hold up if you want longevity, and MOST of these blocks split in that HP range. its just a fact to look into some more.

·
Registered
604 Posts
yes people have done it... but research this topic on this forum, and you'll get the same reaction.. the stock block just doesn't hold up if you want longevity, and MOST of these blocks split in that HP range. its just a fact to look into some more.
100%... Plus with the kind of $$$ it will take to get that out of your motor you could prolly get a stroker that puts out 400 out of the box and is actually suited for that much power and more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100%... Plus with the kind of $$$ it will take to get that out of your motor you could prolly get a stroker that puts out 400 out of the box and is actually suited for that much power and more.
where could i get a engine aka stroker u said that can handle that horsepower or should i just get a 351 windsor or a big block and put it in there.. prob only cost me around 2 grand to get to 500-600 hp range with currrent engine

·
Registered
604 Posts
Go to dougherbert.com they have 347 strokers for I think $4,999 aluminum heads included I think they are procomps, all you got to add is your accessories alt/power steering/ etc... I think its got a water pump, and they your intake and fuel system. If you go with a carb it would be a real quick job. But the injection would be fine just need you computer and TB bigger ingectors and the correct MAF for the injectors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o forgot i also have h pipe with set of flowmasters and a aluminum driveshaft. think im just gonna see what hp i have and hiw fast my car is after its all done then if i need more highly considering building a 351 windsor or getting a big block dropped in it.. what size big block will fit in it if i decided to go that route and what is a good trany to use with the big block or 351 windsor

·
Registered
307 Posts
you can put a 460 in there...just not easy...and i think you have to shave the engine bay...but 351s drop in there like they where made...but i think u need a cowl hood or motor mounts that drop the 351 below hood hieght...dont qoute me on that one lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i already have a mach 3 hood on the car its got a nice size cowl on it so dont think i would have much of a problem on the hood clearance and have solid motor mounts already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.