Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a v6 3.8l 99 mustang and i'm looking to up the horsepower enough for that extra push but not to much to blow my engine. I'm looking for around 300-350hp. So to do that i'm gonna add a cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and was thinking of a turbo. If anybody has any other ideas of how to up hp without going to a v8 and breaking bank would also be a big help.

My question is does anybody know any place to find a good reliable and relatively cheap turbo? And a list of things i'll need todo/change on my car to make it work better would also be nice.

thx

·
Registered
349 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? A turbo setup isn't exactly cheap.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Go to www.supersixmotorsports.com. The site has a lot of good engine mods that will up the hp dramatically. With the mods they have on the site and then a turbo running low boost you could easily make 350hp. I will let someone else answer your questions though, I am tired... lol

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
I think with simple bolt-ones won't get you close... maybe it will be cheaper to install a used supercharger and have everything stock for a while... IF you go more than 350hp start thinking about an 8.8 rear end...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
349 Posts
No matterr what you do, if you are tryin to push 300+hp you need build you rear end or buy and build and 8.8 .

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
I think that was already told...:gringreen

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
if his goal is more than 300hp to the wheels just get a 8.8 and dont bother building the 7.5.
if you are looking for a good turbo kit then andy is the only one
TMA TURBO
Along with the turbo kit you will need supporting mods. You are gonna need to upgrade your fuel system, and of course a dyno tune as well. It depends on the tranny as well. If you have a 5 spd then you will be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.