Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1/4 Mile time in my bone stock 2012 Mustang Gt is 12.1. I have kind of a tall request. My buddys got a 2005 Honda CBR600RR sport bike. It will go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and can get across the 1/4 in the high tens. Every one I have spoken to has told me not to mess with a bike. I understand they are two different worlds. But it is a goal I have set for myself and want to achieve it. Now I was thinking Kenne Bell, 3.73 Gears, and a set of Mickey Thompsons for a start. Thoughts? Suggestions? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You can hit 11.58 on some Mickey Thompson's cai with tune and upgraded exhuast

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just guessing the bike rider has roughly 6.5lbs per hp to your 10lbs per hp. That's asking a lot, I don't think you can do it even with the supercharger. Be easier to just get a kawasaki 636, that should do it!:smoke: It's like you trying to run your car in prostock, just not a good idea.:wavey

·
Registered
56 Posts
Should be able to get there. Don't forget suspension and lightweight skinnies up front. With just suspension and front+rear drag wheels, you'll be high 11's easily. Just need 1.5s which is around +150-200hp. Barely a 50% gain in power on these GTs. What transmission and gears do you have currently? Hopefully some of the Procharged, Roush, ECG supercharger guys chime in with their times.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just guessing the bike rider has roughly 6.5lbs per hp to your 10lbs per hp. That's asking a lot, I don't think you can do it even with the supercharger. Be easier to just get a kawasaki 636, that should do it!:smoke: It's like you trying to run your car in prostock, just not a good idea.:wavey
dude you can easily get there with a supercharger....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6rDUjSLAAss&desktop_uri=/watch?v=6rDUjSLAAss

slicks, alum. ds, bolt ons & x pipe your in the 10's all day long.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Its relatively simple. You just do exactly as you said in your original post. Get a supercharger, and some descent tires. Then from there its all tweeking of suspension etc as required.
My car is presently
Prochargered. 544 rwhp. I know it wont run 10's maybe mid 11's . as i have only drag radials ( on 18 " rims so not much sidewall)on an almost stock suspendsion with no skinnies. i do have an aluminum driveshaft.
If your car is going 12.1 stock as you said, with higher than 3:73 gears that is incredible to say the least. This is one instance , where I wouldnt mind seeing a time slip. I just have never seen a bone stock Mustang with high gearing do this.
Anyway, your Kenne Bell will give you the power,you will just have to dial it all in from there. Not rocket science, but will cost money.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
As someone who has got his 06 mustang to running 10.0 at 136 mph in the 1/4, no doubt you can do it. It's a question of how much tolerance you have for 1. pissing money away, 2. fixing stuff that will break or need to be replaced, 3. altering the driving characteristics for street use.

Remember when you see a speed shop show off their 10 second ride on Youtube, you see the end-result for one trip down the 1/4. Granted there is a huge difference between high 10s and low 10s, but expect to need 2 budgets... one for modding and one for fixing. It's usually not as easy as slapping on a blower and slicks....lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just because some professional magazine jockey got a 10-second timeslip out of a CBR600 doesn't mean that "just anyone" can.

What I'm saying is, go to a track and run your 12.1 in the lane next to him and you may be surprised how well you do. Most 600s are pretty weak, as they don't have a lot of power (relatively) and the riders are generally novices compared to guys riding the bigger bikes.

It would be pretty sad if you need a blower and slicks to beat a 600.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If your car is going 12.1 stock as you said, with higher than 3:73 gears that is incredible to say the least. This is one instance , where I wouldnt mind seeing a time slip.
+1, that would be pretty impressive.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Roush SC, 82 or 79mm pulley, VMP tune, lightweight wide wheels, lowering springs, shocks/struts... Done. It's a proven setup. There are tons of track videos on youtube with this setup. I've stayed with a CBR600 from a roll... these cars are AMAZING with a SC and a tune. Period.

This one is 10.7... he removed his steel DS and went back to using his stock DS. He ran in the 10.8-10.7 range all day time after time.

2011 Mustng GT, Roush supercharger, Oct 29 2011 Bowling Green. - YouTube

·
0 Posts
If your car is going 12.1 stock as you said, with higher than 3:73 gears that is incredible to say the least. This is one instance , where I wouldnt mind seeing a time slip. I just have never seen a bone stock Mustang with high gearing do this.
+1. I have never, ever seen, or even heard of a bone stock 5.0, manual, auto, whatever factory gearing, on the best track, with the best driver run a 12.1.

·
Registered
734 Posts
+1. I have never, ever seen, or even heard of a bone stock 5.0, manual, auto, whatever factory gearing, on the best track, with the best driver run a 12.1.
This. The best I've heard on a completely stock GT is about 12.5. That's stock tires and everything. I ran 12.75 on a tuned, but otherwise stock car and I felt that was a pretty good time for me. I want to see a time slip for this 12.1.

·
Registered
810 Posts
12.1 on factory stock?

That's a hard one to swallow.

Either way, like most people said...slicks, boost or juice and a few supporting mods and you have a 10 second capable car. Whether you can drive it into the 10's (or if the track will hold it) is another story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure, I would be more than happy to show you a time slip when I get home. And my dyno slip. But I have stock everything and was wondering maybe the absolute best place to start?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would start with suspension and some bolt ons like exhaust and a set of 17 inch front runners and some drag racing tires for the rear. Racestar 17s will fit the front and the 15x8 fits the rear just fine. A 15x8 with a 275/60-15 or a 28x8.5 slick. I wouldn't bother with gears unless you've got RPMs to go in the final gear and you need a couple more tenths. Pick your choice with supercharger, turbo, or nitrous. If you're there with that, then celebrate.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
My 1/4 Mile time in my bone stock 2012 Mustang Gt is 12.1. I have kind of a tall request. My buddys got a 2005 Honda CBR600RR sport bike. It will go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and can get across the 1/4 in the high tens. Every one I have spoken to has told me not to mess with a bike. I understand they are two different worlds. But it is a goal I have set for myself and want to achieve it. Now I was thinking Kenne Bell, 3.73 Gears, and a set of Mickey Thompsons for a start. Thoughts? Suggestions? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The mods you mentioned, plus good suspension (UPR Products) will get you there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts