Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently built a 347 stroker with AFR heads. this thing is crankin' out over 520hp at the FW. all is good with that but i need a new transmission. i was thinking about a T-5 but after racing my buddies 65' i find they don't shift well at high RPM. so i was just wondering what type of trans would be best. Money isn't a big issue so just lay it on me :).

I'm not sure if this will really matter but i road race, rarely Drag.

thanks in advance,
Indy

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Since you road race rather than drag, check out G Force Transmissions, they have options for the gear ratios, you can choose between synchros or sliders or dog rings, and they're just as strong as a Tremec. But they're lighter than a Tremec, they're the same size as a stock T5 tranny, the Tremec is bigger due to beefier internals, making it physically bigger. The G Force uses different materials to get their strength, that's what I'd recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently building a 69 Fastback. The engine will be a 410 Cleveland with approx 550hp, i'll be using the TKO600. All the research i've done leads me to think this is the best option.
The T5 isn't up to dealing with that power and the 600 is also a stronger box than the T56.
Can't comment on the G-Force, never heard of them.

Geea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.