Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bins of OEM fasteners for my car and I am looking to put my stock driveshaft back in tonight (yeah, it has gotten that bad, time to start back at zero). I’m not sure what I am looking for. Does anyone know the bolt sizes for:

Driveshaft to pinion (diff)?

Mid brace to floorpan?

Or for some crazy reason you have pics that would help too. I hope I can find all of them. If not I will need to raid the fastener store tomorrow.

thanks

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I have bins of OEM fasteners for my car and I am looking to put my stock driveshaft back in tonight (yeah, it has gotten that bad, time to start back at zero). I’m not sure what I am looking for. Does anyone know the bolt sizes for:

Mid brace to floorpan?

Or for some crazy reason you have pics that would help too. I hope I can find all of them. If not I will need to raid the fastener store tomorrow.

thanks

Ok give me a couple minutes

I just looked in the ford parts book but doensn't list the size.

Mid bolt is W710444 S439 - M10 its 1.5" long
DS/Diff 4R3Z 4B496 AA - 2.5" long

If this helps

·
Registered
377 Posts

Mid brace to floorpan?

thanks
Here it goes hope this helps. The long bolt to pinion short to floor pan

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here's a couple of more pics

Attachments

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it goes hope this helps. The long bolt to pinion short to floor pan

Cool man, thanks for the pics. I just went through everything I have and I am amazed I don't have them, I save everything and even have all my fasteners sorted into bins (I went crazy one day looking for something, bought a ton of bins and got all "Rain Man" with my fasteners).

From what I can tell the bolts for the DS to Diff are 10mm, 1.50 pitch but I can't tell how long they need to be. I am guessing 60mm under the head. Can you measure that bad boy?

The center mount bolts I am guessig are also 10mm becuse the hole in the shaft for them is only 11.50mm and a 12mm isn't goin' in there. Is that a 10mm, 1.50 pitch bolt too? Can you measure the length on that one too?

And here comes the fun part. I just looked at the shop manual and there are spacers that go between the "mid-mount" and the floorpan. Any idea how thick they are? I can spin some out, but if I am forced to "proove" a size I will end up measuring things for hours trying to get the driveshaft mounted in the most efficent way (I'm a hopeless dork when it comes to variables:hihi:).

And here is the bonus, the "mid-mount" holes are slotted, that means I will be driving myself insane making sure the driveshaft is in dead nuts straight. I wonder if I have a dial indicator setup that will fit up in there.

thanks for your help:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cool man, thanks for the pics. I just went through everything I have and I am amazed I don't have them, I save everything and even have all my fasteners sorted into bins (I went crazy one day looking for something, bought a ton of bins and got all "Rain Man" with my fasteners).

From what I can tell the bolts for the DS to Diff are 10mm, 1.50 pitch but I can't tell how long they need to be. I am guessing 60mm under the head. Can you measure that bad boy?

The center mount bolts I am guessig are also 10mm becuse the hole in the shaft for them is only 11.50mm and a 12mm isn't goin' in there. Is that a 10mm, 1.50 pitch bolt too? Can you measure the length on that one too?

And here comes the fun part. I just looked at the shop manual and there are spacers that go between the "mid-mount" and the floorpan. Any idea how thick they are? I can spin some out, but if I am forced to "proove" a size I will end up measuring things for hours trying to get the driveshaft mounted in the most efficent way (I'm a hopeless dork when it comes to variables:hihi:).

And here is the bonus, the "mid-mount" holes are slotted, that means I will be driving myself insane making sure the driveshaft is in dead nuts straight. I wonder if I have a dial indicator setup that will fit up in there.

thanks for your help:bigthumbsup
Give me five minutes I have spacer also.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't have a metric ruler or caliper. Pinion 2 9/16 in, floor pan 1 9/16 in., spacer thickness 13/32. hope this work.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a metric ruler or caliper. Pinion 2 9/16 in, floor pan 1 9/16 in., spacer thickness 13/32. hope this work.
It does, thank you very much:bigthumbsup:yourock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.