Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ineed some opinions on what my next mod should be. I have it narrowed down to either an electric fan conversion or new gears. I'm leaning towards the fan but still can't decide.
Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Gears!! Theyll cost more but will be worth it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No cooling issues since i flushed my system and put in a 180 degree thermostat. Even with the A/C cranked up in traffic it still runs cool. I guess it's gears time then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go for the gears, but make sure you don't go with a ratio that will just blow off the tires.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Gears won't add power but they'll give better performance gains than an electric fan would. You probably wouldn't even feel anything from a fan but you'll definitely feel gears.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gears
Gears
Gears
Gears
Gears
Gears

I think I made my point. lol IMO 3.73's are the best for street driven aod mustangs, while 3.55's for street driven t5 mustangs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is it for your vert? If it is, get full length subframe connectors, then gears. :scratchchin I added them to my vert and it made a huge difference. Car feels a lot more solid and stable.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Electric fan.................

Jus kidding gears all the way bro, if it's cooling just fine than throw some gears on there and have fun.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the subframes. That made a huge difference. It looks like everyone agrees on gears. I think I'm going with the 3:73's. The Ford Racing ones are 149 at LRS.

R

·
0 Posts
I have the subframes. That made a huge difference. It looks like everyone agrees on gears. I think I'm going with the 3:73's. The Ford Racing ones are 149 at LRS.
Good choice both gears and the supplier.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Do the gears jerry. I just did mine not to long ago. I have the perfect place for you also.

G&S Mustang Performance. They are right on the border of Riverside and Corona (Magnolia at Lincoln)

Glenn is a great guy he does top notch work. Gears are one of his specialties there.

BTW Samotrx7... You almost got web slapped until I scrolled down. LMAO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.