Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a 66 coupe for sale. its a 6 cyl. converted to a 289hipo with a c4 and a 9 inch rear. interior is in desent shape. he has new door panels, dash pad, window cranks,front shocks and springs,headers,and a few other odds that come with car. runs good.needs new front brake setup. it got power steering and ac neither that works. its been sitting 4 years. but still starts right up. body is in fairly good shape it was restored 8 years ago so its showing its age there but its only priced at 4000. good deal or not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has the suspension been changed over to the v8 springs/spindles. If not you proabably need to do so, due to the weight of the V8.

·
Registered
457 Posts
go for it. sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has the suspension been changed over to the v8 springs/spindles. If not you proabably need to do so, due to the weight of the V8.
no i dont think they have but i got brand new ford racing springs and gabrial heavy duty shocks. i planned on changing the spindals cause im gonna get a disk brake setup. o ya i bought the car.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here it is my new old 66

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds and looks like a good deal. Looking at the picture of the wheel it appears the paint job is chipped badly and was not a great job overall. any interior photo's or underside. If no major rust and she runs your off to a great start.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds and looks like a good deal. Looking at the picture of the wheel it appears the paint job is chipped badly and was not a great job overall. any interior photo's or underside. If no major rust and she runs your off to a great start.
that fender has two dents in it that was what that pic was for

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.