Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so before i bought my mustang the previous owner decided to put flowmaster dumps on it. Now i have nothing against dumped exhaust, but personally its not my style and i feel like it causes alot of drone inside the car when cruising down the highway. So ive decided to run the exhaust out the back of the car like its supposed to be. Heres where i need opinions. Im putting stainless steel tips on both sides and need to know, what is the best size tips for 2001 mustang GTs? i was thinking ballpark 3" or maybe 3.5"

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
3.5" looks great.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Even 4" tips look great. GT500's come with 4" tips.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
3" at the minimum. The stock is 2 or 2.5 inches and it looks way too small. The cutouts need to be filled in a little bit with the tips for it to look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3" at the minimum. The stock is 2 or 2.5 inches and it looks way too small. The cutouts need to be filled in a little bit with the tips for it to look better in my opinion.
yea i know the stock ones look puny in those huge cutouts. burninrock24, im mainly worried that its just going to look too...well massive. i dont know i think im sold on the 3.5" because they will fill the cutouts but not look rediculous at the same time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice folks, got my 3.5" hooker headers tips on order about an hour ago. ill post a pic when they are installed this weekend :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts