Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for a catback as we speak. I'm looking into the magnaflow magnapack. Is this the right exhaust for an 03 gt. I want a mean LOUD sounding exhaust. Is the magnapack the right choice? Anyone who has heard or have one need your feedback ASAP thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
So I'm looking for a catback as we speak. I'm looking into the magnaflow magnapack. Is this the right exhaust for an 03 gt. I want a mean LOUD sounding exhaust. Is the magnapack the right choice? Anyone who has heard or have one need your feedback ASAP thanks:bigthumbsup
I've don't a lot of performance builds on Mustangs and Camaro's, my hands down choice is Magnaflow every time. The Magnapack is a good choice and another alternative to that is to buy a set of universal Magnaflow mufflers and a set of high-flow CAT's and replace all of your exhaust piping with 3 inch and an H-pipe. Thats my current setup and it sounds mean! An H-pipe will give you more low end power and a deeper exhaust tone, and an X-pipe will give you more top end power and a higher pitched exhaust tone.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I'm a big fan of the MAC ProChamber, has a nice sound and works well, especially with long tubes. I have flowmaster 40 series, but I've heard better, tho I don't know what they were.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
magnaflow catback hands down sleeper while cruising but beast when you nail it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Magnaflows do have a different, mean sound to them. Very deep tone but really open up when ya get on it, especially with an x pipe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm a fan of the SLP Loudmouth kit. Combined with an o/r midpipe it's docile at cruise, but will drown out the stereo when abused.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
id suggest mac truefit catback with mac longtubes and mac prochamber.

·
Registered
11 Posts
everyone has preferences here and i dont think there are any really really bad choices... i have slp catted X and LMII... i dont like the sound of catless X pipes... seems to be a lil on the raspy side for me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.