Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the xenon qurter panel scoops and xenon side scoops I ordered them from atlanto auto already painted 2 years ago and when I got them about after 3 weeks the paint flaked off the insides of them and noticed yesterday that the clear is now peeling offf of them. The money it would cost to have the xenons sanded a prepped again would be expensive so I figured I might as well order a new set I was looking at the cervinis quarter panel scoops and side scoops they have an option now to get them already painted but for both sets it comes out to around 600 should I order like this or just take them somewhere this time to have them painted any input would be great. Does anyone no how cervinis paint quality is.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
you mean to tell me someones chargeing you over 600 to clean prep and paint those? highway robbery!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Angelo, I have the exact same scoops, and on the 1/4 glass scoops my paint is also starting to kinda bubble up/ peel on the insides. I do not know for sure if the original owner of my car bought these painted as well, maybe it's common. Too bad you don't live close as I work at a dealer and the body shop that we sub work out to paints small stuff like that for me for free. Do you really think it would be that much to have a body shop sand and squirt a couple scoops?? I'm guessing no more than 2 hours labor plus paint. Probably cheaper than 600!! :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got quoted like 800 from 1 guy just to redo my old ones. I just came to the conclusion that paint work is expensive no matter how you cutt it there is a lot of prep work involved and unfortunatley ido not no anyone so I cant get the hook up like so many people on hear get It seems like that anyone that gets paint work done on these forums gets a good deal because they are friends with the painter or know them somehow well I dont have that luxary so I dont no what to do.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Angelo, I have the exact same scoops, and on the 1/4 glass scoops my paint is also starting to kinda bubble up/ peel on the insides. I do not know for sure if the original owner of my car bought these painted as well, maybe it's common. Too bad you don't live close as I work at a dealer and the body shop that we sub work out to paints small stuff like that for me for free. Do you really think it would be that much to have a body shop sand and squirt a couple scoops?? I'm guessing no more than 2 hours labor plus paint. Probably cheaper than 600!! :D
I personally think the xenon scoops might be a defective product like ****** urethane because they sell them dirt cheap on american muscle now compared to other scoops. I love the cervinis c seris scoops they look top shelf quality saw them in person on a c seris build car. I f i get there scoops unpainted it will be 300 bucks total for both sets. plus paint I also have to get my vinyl stripes removed they are just starting to look bad. I plan on going with a plain look to I can afford painted stripes I would never go back to vinyl stripes so much better to have them painted but so expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow...800 is assinine. Even with no hook up that is out of control. Typical labor rates are around $45-$60 per hour....I have no clue where they come up with $800. I would atleast shop around a bit and try and find a body shop not out to ram it home like those guys..lol. Hopefully you can find one. If not maybe new is the way to go for you.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my dad is going to talk to this kid that is going to paint my bros 67 shelby gt 350 he is getting it painted black wit hthe gold stripes my dad did all the prep work on the car so he is going to paint it prettty cheap he said he will ask him how much he would want to redo my xenons to try and save some mony over getting new ones but i would think it would be cheaper if I bought new ones but I dont no.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Should not cost more than 100.00 to have the side scoops painted. Same for the louvers. Heck I just had my console painted for 30.00. They had to use a special primer that they use to paint Toyota bumpers.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Yeah, I had my whole cobra painted for $500, find someone reasonable,...geez you could rent the paint gun and compressor and do it yourself

M

·
0 Posts
BKid... you can't walk into a body shop here in NJ and get out without paying at the very least $75!! and that's nothing custom ... $30 bucks... yeah right!!! :nogrinner :laugh:... I think it depends all on where you live. :hihi:

Angelo, I would ask Cervini what their paint warranty is and to get it in writing...

...and I would very much call Atlanta Auto, 2 years is unacceptable... seriously! - you might get to the bottom of it and make a call to Xenon - might be a problem they know about.... Sometimes a few calls is a good thing.:)

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
BKid... you can't walk into a body shop here in NJ and get out without paying at the very least $75!! and that's nothing custom ... $30 bucks... yeah right!!! :nogrinner :laugh:... I think it depends all on where you live. :hihi:

Angelo, I would ask Cervini what their paint warranty is and to get it in writing...

...and I would very much call Atlanta Auto, 2 years is unacceptable... seriously! - you might get to the bottom of it and make a call to Xenon - might be a problem they know about.... Sometimes a few calls is a good thing.:)

Good luck!!
Yea location may have a lot to do with it.I think it is all in who you know . Yea I hear there are a lot of crooks in NJ. That is exactly what it is. Theres a lot of people here who can paint out here. I would call around, someone out there could do this cheaper. Maybe an individual with a small shop.
I would paint it myself if it was that much.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've had my Street Scene quarter louvers on for two years and no peeling or anything. I had them pre-painted. Can't remember where I ordered from though.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Should not cost more than 100.00 to have the side scoops painted. Same for the louvers. Heck I just had my console painted for 30.00. They had to use a special primer that they use to paint Toyota bumpers.
I like that..now when you spill your lemonade spiked with Cpt. Morgan you wont' be able to tell....:shigrin

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I like that..now when you spill your lemonade spiked with Cpt. Morgan you wont' be able to tell....:shigrin
OOH YUCK! That rought gut will kill you. Maybe my lemonade vitamin water. LOL thanks though for the props.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.