Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone told me the other day, that it may not be possible to sell my cobra because it won't pass inspection.
The reason i think it won't pass, is b c it has no cats, and tinted winshield (should i take the tint off?), and is this true??????

Another question i have is. . i have a few things that need to be fixed. . .such as. . the fuel pump needs to be replaced (i thought it was just the filter), needs a new oil pressure sensor as it reads nothing, and just a new windshield wiper motor.
Should i replace all of these stupid things, or just sell it as is?

In additon, the car is obviously not stock. . .
- Its got new paint, its the factory rims but I had them polished down to the aluminum), it has white face gauges on the dash, [under the hood:]I put a Chrome BBK cold air induction/fenderwell on it , had alot of things polished, have alot of chrome acessories here and there: Chrome covers for things like the EGR Valve, Winshield Wiper Motor and fluid cap cover, the oil cap, Aftermarket chrome Valve covers that clear the roller rockers (still have the factory ones aside), and I could go on and on and on. Its just bolt ons. It also has BBK headers, 2 chamber Flowmaster exhaust with an H-pipe (catless). It also has 355s for gears. That's about it for the UN-factory part.

_It also has the custom stereo in the back (done by 4130 Customs, of Quincy, MA)

My last question is. . does any one of you mustang/ford peeps have any advise for me? I've never sold a car before, especially not one like this. I don't wanna get screwed over. I did put alot of work into the fuckin thing, but I also know, that now its not worth as much as I'd like it to be according to KBB, but, it sucks having put so much work, effort and money into it, and knowing that i won't get as much as I want to.

The car is a first place winner (in its class) in every car show its been to. Its been driven to car shows only. Its never been an everyday driver and always has been garaged. It is an original cobra. Got the certificate to prove it (#4895 of 4993), and the books that came with the car in 93.

Can anyone tell me what to do from here? I need some advise, cause really? I have no clue what to do from here. Should I try to sell it locally? Go the Want-Ad route? Or just slap it on e-bay?
I have no fuckin clue what to put the starting price on!!!!!

This is frustrating, and i just wanna get it over and done with, cause i've been procrastinating about it for the the whole entire summer. :sosad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there. I'd still try to sell it on Ebay. You shouldn't have a problem really, as long as you do put something to the effect of " I cannot guarantee that the window tint, etc (list each possible illegallity) is legal in your particular area, and strongly recommend you check up on these things if you are the winning bidder, or are interested in bidding. Also, just be sure to include everything that needs replacement, because people on Ebay can be pretty picky when it comes to details. You don't want them coming back on you, leaving negative feedback, just because you forgot to mention one little thing. I sell quite a bit on Ebay, so I'm pretty familiar with the way things work there. Also, if you're in doubt about selling the car there, you can always email or do live chat with someone at Ebay, and they can offer you more help there.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
. i have a few things that need to be fixed. . .such as. . the fuel pump needs to be replaced (i thought it was just the filter), needs a new oil pressure sensor as it reads nothing, and just a new windshield wiper motor.
That's gonna kill you! When you have fixable problems the buyer will deduct the approximate price including parts and labor. I figure those things alone will cost you a grand in the final price. :happyhapp

·
Registered
17 Posts
True, true. Not to mention Ebay can be so hit-or-miss. It all depends on the interest level in the car itself. I've seen wrecked, mangled GT's go for more than I'd ever dream of spending on them. But, it can always go the other way too. Just never know. I'd say it would do pretty good on Ebay, just simply because of what it is. There aren't that many of those cars out there for sale nowadays. And if ya don't wanna sell it on Ebay, lemme know whatcha want for it. Might be interested myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.