Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a 93 fox 302 from someone who didnt know much about the car, he says there is a mild cam in the car but doesnt know which one it is. the car runs strong and is very fast but it needs some tweeking. the problem i am having is that i idle at like 1000rpm i changed the idle air control valve and the tps nothing changed except that its a little more steady. i pulled the codes and it says insufficient egr flow and egr circuit failure but the egr is deleted. so i dont know what it could be. idle is also at times inconsistant and will jump occassionally. another problem is when at a stop when i put the car in gear it acts like its going to stall really quickly then jumps back up. this happens in any gear (5speed) check engine light is only on when in gear. any ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
is the tps adjusted properly mine also has a mild cam installed by previous owner and it has a adjustable plate between the iac and throttle body that smooths out the idle but mine idles at about 900-1000 rpm if i remove the plate it wants to idle at 500-700 very choppy and it acts like it will stall coming to a stop clutch pressed in. the short of it is that plate makes a difference and is pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Those plates are supposed to be pretty good, I have one but never got around to using it. I cleaned out the IAC and put di electric grease on all the engine's sensor prongs..especially iac and tps. Car has never idled better..around 700 and steady. May want to check for the usual vacuum leaks, which always causes a jumping idle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking timing as well because i havent found any vaccum leaks. i think ill check that. what is the stock or the best setting for timing on those cars?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.