Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Been a long time since I've posted in here. Long story short my first mustang is now gone... and i now have a new...well older car. My buddy and I were searching for a while to pick up a new mustang when we came across an 83 t-top coupe mustang for a thousand bucks, but no title. I'll explain that later. We ended up picking it up for $800 and brought it home. Its by no means perfect... The floor pans are shot, it needs a radiator core, and it runs like... well crap. The title was also an issue. The guy i bought it from took it from his brother who passed away. Now the title work is getting caught up at the dmv. which i expected, but he promises its going well and i will have title in hand. We contact him at least once a week. Now I'm looking for an opinion on what to do with this car. Basically should i keep it or sell it? Is it worth the time, effort, and cash to restore? And if kept should it stay stock, or modded? Just tossing that out there. Im up for any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
She looks like one rough girl. If you're looking to put the time and effort into restoring her then go for it. If not, pass her on to someone who may bring her back to life.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
looks like its in rough shape. the ttop coupes are rare cars, i personally would spend the time to restore it. i would keep it stock also... because of its rarity, keeping it origional would most likely increase its value...

im doing a full restoration on my 87, so im in the same boat as you are. if you need any help with everything, just post here and ill do what i can. i cannot pm for some reason, so i wont get a message...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts