Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I will be ordering my new Mustang this week :kooky:It will be a 2013 GT california special. Options: Glassroof and Comfort package.

I am doubting about manual or auto trans. A performance car should have manual but I have say not having to shift is really relaxed.

Any pro's and cons???

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Depends where you live and what you do with it. If its a toy and seldom driven, manual. On the other hand if you live in a major city area, and drive it daily, you might wish you got an automatic.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends where you live and what you do with it. If its a toy and seldom driven, manual. On the other hand if you live in a major city area, and drive it daily, you might wish you got an automatic.
This is exactly why I can't decide......It's intended as a "toy" but I can imagine it will soon be my daily driver due to addiction :). It won't see much of the city and in the winter she must stay in the garage.

Problem, problems :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This is exactly why I can't decide......It's intended as a "toy" but I can imagine it will soon be my daily driver due to addiction :). It won't see much of the city and in the winter she must stay in the garage.

Problem, problems :)
Id definitely get a manual then, and as far as options just think about what you plan to do with it. If its just a toy to ride around on the weekends then you may wanna get it fully loaded with every option. If you plan on tracking and modding then a Base ,Brembo with some Recaros may be the best option . Just depends on what you want to do with it ...good luck :bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
If your buying a Mustang there's only one reason for being to lazy to shift. You're a girl? If not, buy something else.

·
Registered
354 Posts
If your a city driver or a racer, auto has always served me best. Think about, how many pro drag cars use manual trans with clutch, not many. Most use hi performance automatics. With a bama tune the lazy auto shifting is transformed to a firmer more responsive unit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I LOVE my GT/CS with glassroof !! What color are you getting?

Go manual. My GT/CS is my DD and I wouldn't have it any other way. 75% of my driving is country hwy, but once I hit the city, even in rush hour, nothing better than shifting in between cars and enjoying "active" driving.

Then buy a after market shift knob, because the stock ones suck.

Chrome 6 Speed Shift Knob (11-13 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

This will go VERY well with your chrome/CF interior of the Cali Special. Honestly, this little change makes your car feel better when driving. The added weight to the shift and shape. +1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

Thanks for your advise:bigthumbsup.
This is what it will be: 2013 GT premium California Special, automatic, performance white, glass roof and comfort package.

Mods will have to wait a little because transport to Europe, homologation and taxes make it a "little" expensive:mesad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go with a manual! you wont be disappointed at all. Your car is so restricted with an Auto tranny. A manual lets you be in complete control!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Help us save the manuals!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts