Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if this rubber "flap" under the front bumper is replaceable ??? I got to run over the leftovers of a deer last night and it did this. I had no time to slow down or miss the mess so I'm not to happy. I also didn't realize all the scrapes and stuff under there but I will touch it up with my ford paint pen this weekend. Thanks for your help!!!

Water Blue Road surface Asphalt Tar

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
hmmm . . . yes, everything is replaceable . . . but I'm a little confused by that picture because it doesn't look like I remember on my 2010 GT . . . a less close-up photo might help; or is it part of the black plastic "lower facia" that runs all along the front, from side to side, under the bumper?

Reactions: AMY2010GT

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hmmm . . . yes, everything is replaceable . . . but I'm a little confused by that picture because it doesn't look like I remember on my 2010 GT . . . a less close-up photo might help; or is it part of the black plastic "lower facia" that runs all along the front, from side to side, under the bumper?
That's what it looks like to me, a small chin spoiler of some sort. Or air deflector

Reactions: AMY2010GT

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,468 Posts
I see a small tear on the edge of the blue bumper cover. The damage might be a bit more when you take off the valance panel(deflector) idk. Also, that's pretty far past the point of a paint pen. What you need is a color match spray paint can to make that look any good again. Medium and fine sandpaper and a can of primer to do it right or as right as a patch spray can be.

Actually, that bottom piece seems to be the lower shield. The valance looks like the part that fits into the blue bumper cover above it.
Here's the parts list and diagram for your front bumper area: Bumper & Components - Front for 2010 Ford Mustang | TascaParts.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Under the bumper….. just a thin rubber piece running side to side.

I see a small tear on the edge of the blue bumper cover. The damage might be a bit more when you take off the valance panel(deflector) idk. Also, that's pretty far past the point of a paint pen. What you need is a color match spray paint can to make that look any good again. Medium and fine sandpaper and a can of primer to do it right or as right as a patch spray can be.

Actually, that bottom piece seems to be the lower shield. The valance looks like the part that fits into the blue bumper cover above it.
Here's the parts list and diagram for your front bumper area: Bumper & Components - Front for 2010 Ford Mustang | TascaParts.com
Great thank you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts