Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
24 hours ago, I went to the car wash and got a regular wash and then when I left, I noticed the emissions light was on.

Today I checked it out and the light is still on. It stays on while I drive. I have never seen this light before and acording to the manual, it is the emissions light. I thought maybe water got into something somehow but I dont know. I cannot take the car to the dealership because they will void my warranty and I really do not want to put all OEM items back on because it is such a pain in the arse.

Anyone know anything about this? Please help! Thanks a lot in advance for your great help.

John

·
Registered
867 Posts
Use your tuner to check and reset the fault codes. That should clear the immediate problem. Then check all the connections under the hood and make sure they are properly seated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your great replies. I went ahead and connected my diablosport tuner and told it to show me trouble codes.

It says, no trouble codes to show. I turned the car off and disconnected tuner. I then turned the car back on and the light was still on. Turned the car off and plugged in tuner, same thing, no trouble codes to show. I went ahead and told it to clear any trouble codes. I did that and when I turned the car back on, the light was off. WTF. Now I am hoping and praying it does not come back.

ANy ideas?

Thanks again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CityDave said:
Did you have the gas tank filled while at the car wash? Maybe a loose gas cap is setting off the light?
I did not fill gas at the place and I opened and closed the cap...still did nothing btw...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CityDave said:
Did you have the gas tank filled while at the car wash? Maybe a loose gas cap is setting off the light?
I did not fill gas at the place and I opened and closed the cap...still did nothing btw...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CityDave said:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CityDave said:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CityDave said:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CityDave said:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
LMAO ! post Quick reply button got stuck????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
correct, I did not fill up gas that day at all. You guys think I should be ok?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What the hell? I only quoted once! sorry about that

·
Registered
208 Posts
Check your 02 sensors

I know of someone this happened to before (though it wasn't at a car wash) How long ago did you have your exhaust installed? The reason I'm asking is sometimes during install (or at the car wash ...LOL) your 02 sensors get wedged on the h and/or X pipe. This slowly starts burning them and after awhile, it goes out and sends your computer in warning mode. I'm not saying this happened to you - but I would check it. Your predator resetting the warning won't actually fix anything, it just tells the computer to ignore and reset it. Most of the time the emmisions codes are specific to the 02 sensors or exhaust. It also could have been as simple as they sprayed water up into your exhaust and made a lot of moisture inside the pipe which boggled your 02 sensors as well. It may be just fine now, but I would look under the car and check your 02 sensors anyway to make sure they're not hung up on the pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Take off the Neg Battery terminal. Leave it off for 20 mins, min. Reconnect. This resets the computer. You may have to re-tune (don't know) If the light is still on, you might need to replace an O2 sensor or whatever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts